WordPress is a Content Management System used to create websites.
It used to be primarily for blogging, but now it’s the rage for websites. It’s search-engine friendly and the beauty of it is that once it’s set it up for you and customized for you- you can easily maintain the site and make edits on your own if you prefer. (Of course, we would be happy to make the edits for you.)
Here are just a few benefits of having a WordPress website:
- Content Management. It’s super easy to manage your content and make simple changes to your site. You don’t have to pay someone else to update it for you if you don’t want to which saves clients a great deal of time and money.
- Flexibility: Unlimited number of pages. Easily add and delete pages.
- Easily Change the Design with Themes. There are tons of Themes to choose from. Some are free and some you’ll need to purchase. But, the beauty is that it’s more cost-effective because a web designer doesn’t have to create the design from scratch. And, the best thing is that you if you decide to change your branding, you can easily change your site’s design simply by selecting a new theme.
- Search Engine Optimization. WordPress is designed to be v ery search engine friendly meaning it rates well in Google searches.
- Plays Nicely with Others. Easily connects and integrates with other applications you use: Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc. Easy to social bookmark.
- Top Blog. Blogs are integrated right into WordPress. Blogs are a great way to share your expertise, build relationships with prospects and clients and position yourself as an expert.
- Web-based. Access from anywhere. If you’re traveling and happen to be at another computer, no problem. Just login and all of your files are neatly stored and easily managed in the back-end Admin.
- No HTML needed. You can edit your pages similarly to designing a Word document.
WordPress is web-based, which means you just login to edit your new site.
You’ll be provided with your own administrator login and url. Your clients will never see this back-end portion.
Once you login, you’ll be taken to your WordPress Dashboard. From here, you can navigate to any other section.
The design of your site is managed by Themes. A theme will be installed and customized for you.
This is where you’ll edit the Pages of your website.This is what this page looks like when I edit it.
Here’s a list of your Blog Posts. From here, you can click into any of them to change them.