Don’t forget to send a 1099 Misc to all vendors you paid for services in 2011

If you paid over $600 to a contractor/vendor in 2011 for services, you’ll need to send  them a 1099 Misc by Jan. 31, 2012. Here’s a few examples of vendors you may have paid:

  • virtual assistant
  • web design
  • graphic design
  • coaches
  • social media consultants
  • copywriter
  • bookkeeper
  • photographer/videographer

You or your accountant will need to receive a W9 from them first.

Here’s the link for the W9:

W9- Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification

Her are the rules for the 2011 1099:

Comments on this entry are closed.