There are several ways to embed videos. The most well-known is by copying and pasting the embed code from YouTube. But, I’m always looking for a shortcut and it’s a few extra steps to grab the embed code. This way, all you need is the url of the video.
- In WordPress, install and activate the “Smart YouTube” plugin.
- Go to Settings and select your desired appearance settings (size of video, color, etc.)
- In your Page or Post, paste the YouTube url for the video you want to embed:
For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW2oWEDZCg0&hd=1
- Now…. insert the letter “v” right after http within the url: httpv://www………
- Voila! Your video is now embedded